Tuesday, September 19, 2006

To Anyone and Everyone...

On September 7th, Blythe and I met at the Willow Lawn Panera to discuss, "The Memory Keepers Daughter" by Kim Edwards.

VERY.GOOD.BOOK! (JoDee--I'll give you my copy at Thanksgiving if you want to read it).

Although no other interested parties came to join our discussion, we both enjoyed a lively discussion regarding the choices made by each of the main characters in the book (David and Caroline) as it follows each of their paths over the course of nearly 30 years. We both posed and discussed a number of questions regarding how the lives of the individuals (as well as their secondary characters and relationships) would have been impacted had David chosen to NOT send away his Downs Syndrome daughter at birth. Would David and Norah's marriage have lasted? Would Norah have stayed true to her husband, or would she have still had the many affairs? How would the story have changed if Caroline had done as instructed and left Phoebe at the home instead of choosing to raise her as her own?

For those who are so inclined, Blythe and I have set our next meeting date for September 27, 2006. We will meet at the Panera Bread at Willow Lawn at 7pm. Our next book chosen is, "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult. (Normally, I would post a picture of the book, but Blogger is being stupid and won't upload it right now).

If anyone other than me reads this page, I look forward to seeing you at our next meeting.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home